Banana bread is the ultimate comfort food for me, is it for you, too?
My mother used to make ‘banana cake’ that was out of this world. She didn’t share her recipe with me (or maybe I just didn’t ask for it), but she did with someone who went onto have a successful business selling the cake!
I’ve found several banana bread recipes that work well, of course, there’s a plethora of them.
THIS recipe is special in that it uses two ingredients that aren’t common and yet they make two humble sad looking bananas into something quite magical.
You will just have to try it for yourself!
Black Sesame Banana Bread
- ¼ cup black sesame butter
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup cassava flour (or regular flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup milk (regular or plant based)
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Dash of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or stand mixer and blend well
- Pour batter into a loaf pan and bake at 350ºF for 50 minutes
- Enjoy with tea or coffee, with a dollop of this yogurt takes this to a different level!
Watch me make this banana bread on The Kit’s Kitchen Show!