It’s been a week into my 22-day Holistic Gut Reset.
In truth, it has not been that bad, mostly because I am excited to find, create, eat foods that make me feel good from the inside out!
I decided to take a break from gluten, dairy and sugary foods during the Reset. On the outside it may feel like there is nothing left for me to eat.
In reality, there’s more stuff I GET to eat – wonderful, colorful, delicious things.
One of the new “creations” happened yesterday when I combined leftover frozen blueberries in the freezer with a whole fresh pear, a super ripe banana and some oats.
I could have made muffins out of the batter, but I wanted to exercise while it baked (a perpetual multitasker challenge). Muffins would have only taken 20 minutes. The bake needed 45.
So I put the batter in a baking dish and spent time with weights in the basement while the batter baked itself in the oven. The result was a wonderful scented house and a satisfying breakfast!
I made a “short” of the baking-making that you can watch on YouTube here.
BLUEBERRY PEAR OATMEAL BAKE
Gluten, dairy, sugar free
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 ripe pear, chopped
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup plant milk
- ½ cup runny nut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice or ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven at 375F
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl – mix well
- Grease a 7×11 baking dish with olive oil
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 45 minutes
- Let cool before serving
- Enjoy with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup, if desired but completely optional