“Digging through the layers of the stuff will help you dig into what the problem is.” Cathi du Puy
In today’s episode, Kit welcomes Cathi du Puy, a professional home organizer who helps people get their space uncluttered, so it helps them live the healthiest life. Creating calm on the inside creates calm on the outside, as our guest explains.
Stay tuned as you will find out about du Puy’s background, when she started doing “organizing magic” and turned her hobby into a business.
Learn which items serve a purpose in your life, how difficult it is to replace them, and where the difference between WHAT YOU VALUE and WHAT HOLDS VALUE.
Outer calm, indeed, creates inner peace.
What you will hear in this episode:
- 1:01 – How to create calm on the outside so that you have calm on the inside
- 3:15 – Cathi’s background
- 4:48 – The Real Estate experience: Why you have to stage your home to sell it
- 6:27 – How helping friends became a business for our guest
- 8:11 – Cathi’s early steps in crafting with her grandmothers
- 11:08 – Minimizing distraction: How to get your environment organized to focus
- 16:29 – The reason people reach out for Cathi’s help
- 20:03 – Overly consuming: Why do we keep buying stuff we don’t need?
- 25:00 – How to be a master of our own change and why everyone isn’t ready
- 29:30 – Julie Morgenstern’s “bible” of organizing: What is worth the S.P.A.C.E. it takes?
- 31:41 – The Valuation: Which items serve a purpose in your life, how difficult is it to replace them, and the difference between WHAT YOU VALUE and WHAT HOLDS VALUE
- 35:33 – What we have to control, and what we can control
- 37:32 – Marie Kondo’s method: Is it sustainable in American culture?
- 43:04 – What kind of overall health de Puy’s process create for people
- 45:50 – If you organize one part of your life, will it transfer to other places?
- 47:10 – How you can get in touch with Cathi du Puy
Kit’s Facebook and Instagram
Julie Morgenstern: Organizing from the Inside Out
Marie Kondo: Fundamentals of tidying
Free consultation with Kit