When your kids beg you to make a salad, you oblige, with glee.
This is that salad!
It was beloved by their cross-country teammates and their parents alike. So, I say, you should make it, too.
It comes together quickly, can be made ahead of time, and may even taste better the next day. What’s not to love?
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cherry or chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumbers, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 cups of chopped fresh herbs (basil, scallions, cilantro & parsley)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon (or more as desired)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix well
- Store in air tight container in the fridge for a few days