My husband grew some kale in our garden last fall – 9 months ago.
They came up a bit before the first frost… and then… they went into dormancy.
Early this spring, they popped up again without any of our efforts and they are still producing!
I’ve made this salad many many times, and each time, I’m not only grateful for the gift that continues to give, I’m just grateful that there’s a recipe for a salad that our whole family loves.
It hasn’t gotten boring yet… if anything, it keeps getting better!
Blow your mind, and make it. Even if you don’t think you like kale, this recipe will change your mind.
Kit’s Kale Salad
Watch me make it on The Kit’s Kitchen Show!
- 4-5 cups chopped kale or other greens like arugula, mesclun mix, etc.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup golden raisins
- Mix oil, vinegar, syrup, lemon juice, garlic in a big bowl
- Add kale, toss well
- Add parmesan, seeds and raisins, toss again