I don’t remember how these cookies came to be. What I know is that they have had many different lives over the years (many variations of ingredients).
What I also know is that they pack a ton of energy – a little cookie ball that could!
I eat two each day with my black coffee. They make me happy, and keep me full for hours.
They also freeze well, and travel well. I often pack them with me on trips – yes, even to the other side of the world.
Call me crazy!
KIT’S POWER COOKIES
Gluten free, dairy free, and no added sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 cup water
- Combine and pulse in a food processor until well blended. Dough will be sticky.
- Form balls with small scooper.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.
- Makes about 24 cookies.
- Store in air tight container or freeze to enjoy later.
You can definitely add cacao nibs, raisins, or tiny chocolate chips in the batter!