The blackstrap molasses jar sits on our kitchen counter.
What are you going to do with THAT?, inquired my daughter.
Make a cake, I said.
Okay, yum. I can’t wait.
Sometimes, life can be that simple. Bake a cake, just because.
I think you should, too. Especially THIS cake. That’s all I will say. As simple as that!
- ⅔ cup molasses
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cup unbleached flour
- Dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground pumpkin spice
- Preheat oven at 350ºF
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, or a stand mixer
- Pour batter into a greased baking dish
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Let cool for 20 minutes or more
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired