While the Holistic Gut Reset is helping me consume and crave much less sugary, sweet things, my mind still wants it…daily.
A fellow chocolate-sweet loving friend shared her no sugar added brownie bites recipe with me, so I went home eager to try it. Who doesn’t like brownies, right?
As soon as I looked at the shared recipe, I knew I couldn’t follow it completely. I didn’t have some of the ingredients, plus my usual recipe rebel self emerged immediately.
But I still wanted to make something brownie-like, so I gathered similar enough ingredients and came up with this one that pretty much worked the first time around.
It’s just sweet enough, very chocolatey, and so very satisfying to this sweet-tooth!
No Bake Brownie Balls
Gluten, Dairy, Sugar free
- 1 cup peanuts (or walnuts)
- 1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder ( I used extra dark)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
- In a food processor, grind the nuts together until fine
- Add dates and vanilla, blend about 30 seconds
- Add cacao powder, blend until dough is well incorporated
- Use your hands, or a small cookie dough scoop to form balls.
- Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer for future enjoyment.
- Makes about 10 balls