In honor of the No Sugar Challenge Summer Reset, I created this recipe with overripe bananas hanging around the kitchen.
It’s subtly sweet from the bananas and apple sauce, but what I love about it is that it’s cakey without any flour at all. Plus it’s gluten-free (use gluten free oats if you are truly sensitive to gluten).
Enjoy it with a cup of tea or coffee!
OATMEAL BANANA BAR
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup cocoa nibs
- Preheat oven at 350º.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Grease 8×8 baking dish with oil or butter.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares or rectangular bars.