In today’s episode, Kit chats with Alexis Joseph, a dietitian and food blogger lovingly known as Hummusapien. Alexis is a local celebrity in Columbus, Ohio. She is the cofounder of the Alchemy restaurant brand which includes Alchemy Kitchen, Alchemy Cafe and Alchemy Meal Prep.
The conversation between the two of them might make you hungry, but certainly, it will help you learn to listen to your body and think about food differently.
Tune in and learn about Alexis’ transformative journey from veganism to intuitive eating and how she brought back joy in food and cooking.
She explains why it is important not to set short term goals (such as losing a couple of pounds) & how to look ahead. You will discover how to find joy in food and hear Alexis’ secret to her infamous Alchemy avocado toast!
What you will hear in this episode:
- 01:47 What Alexis and Kit are going to talk about
- 05:28 Alexis introduces herself
- 10:38 Alexis’s transformative trip to Israel
- 20:02 Alexis’s journey back to “normal”
- 22:24 Books and resources that helped Alexis
- 24:27 How to find joy in food
- 29:51 What honoring your body means
- 33:23 Why is pregnancy the ultimate example of intuitive eating?
- 44:58 Alexis’s brands
- 52:52 How can we find Alexis online?