In today’s episode, Kit chats with Cecilia Shanahan, an educator, MBSR trained teacher, and a yoga instructor.
Kit and Cecilia discuss how being present through mindfulness can bring us peace, especially during these unprecedented times that we are living in.
You will learn more about Cecilia’s background and her work, how meditation keeps us in present and makes us calm, what MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction) techniques are, and how Cecilia adopted them in her teachings.
You will also find out everything about Cecilia’s new 1 on 1 coaching that will help beginners to dive into meditation and mindfulness, while more experienced practitioners will be able to deepen their knowledge around it.
What you will hear in this episode:
- 0:45 – Why April 13th is a good day to start something over
- 2:10 – Who Cecilia is
- 3:45 – As someone who is pretty active, how Cecilia copes with staying at home
- 7:15 – Cecilia’s background and her path to meditation and mindfulness
- 12:31 – The crucial moment that inspired Cicilia to dive into meditation practice
- 14:55 – How being present can bring us peace
- 19:39 – What Cecilia does when she starts to think about future and unknown
- 24:40 – How it looks to work 1 on 1 with Cecilia
- 27:31 – What Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction techniques are and how Cecilia teaches them
- 32:56 – How you can get in touch with our guest
- 33:51 – Cecilia’s 12% of pleasure