“I zone into my art to zone out.” Anna Sokol
This Monday, Kit interviews Anna Sokol, an artist and an educator from Bexley, OH, who runs her art studio where she teaches people not only how to create art but also to explore their potentials, trust themselves, let their imagination flow, and ultimately find their peace.
Kit and Anna discuss how art is more than just painting or drawing and why it is vital to create even if you are not an artist.
More specifically, you will learn how Anna was introduced to art, how she got inspired to teach children, and to found her art studio, Art with Anna. Also, you will find out what art means for Anna, how to deal with perfectionism while creating, what piece of advice our guest has for non-artists, and many more!
What you will hear in this episode:
- 1:17 – What you can expect from today’s episode
- 5:54 – Why Anna wants to doodle during the podcast interview
- 7:44 – How Anna was introduced to art
- 11:07 – How she got inspired to teach children art and
- 15:12 – What she does nowadays
- 18:23 – What is art for Anna and how it helps to find inner peace
- 21:16 – How to deal with perfectionism while creating art
- 27:23 – What if an artist does not like their painting
- 28:52 – Does Anna consider herself a perfectionist
- 30:36 – What 88% perfect is for Anna when creating
- 31:47 – Anna’s advice to non-artists
- 36:13 – How you can get in touch with Anna
- 37:19 – Anna’s 12% of pleasure