“Let’s identify what the bad guys are for you. One’s person poison is another person’s medicine.” Kelly Schmidt
In this first New Year’s episode, Kit is joined with her friend and colleague, Kelly Schmidt, a registered and licensed dietitian diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, a published author and a speaker, and an owner of Kelly Schmidt Wellness.
Kelly and Kit discuss the essentials of what and how to eat to be healthy. Particularly, Kelly shares the best way to hydrate, her choices of proteins and fiber, her opinion on fats, and what are the non-negotiables of her diet.
Kelly also reveals how her father’s illness motivated her to jump into wellness, how she deals with diabetes, and how to have fun with food without hurting yourself. Tune in and find out more!
What you will hear in this episode:
- 0:45 – Happy 2020! And why you should listen to the previous 2 episodes
- 2:16 – Who Kelly Schmidt is
- 4:18 – How the illness of Kelly’s father motivated her to dive into wellness
- 8:27 – The differences between dietitians and nutritionists
- 10:14 – How we can make 2020 as simple and healthy as possible
- 12:16 – The best way to hydrate
- 14:50 – Kelly’s best choice of protein and
- 18:57 – Her best choice of fiber
- 20:08 – Kelly’s opinion on fats
- 24:44 – The non-negotiable elements of Kelly’s diet
- 29:54 – How Kelly reacted when she was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes
- 32:22 – How to have fun with food without hurting yourself
- 35:00 – How Cognitive Behavioral Therapy can help you with a diet
- 37:36 – How you can get in touch with Kelly