“Get up, wiggle, reach for the sky, touch your toes. Do something that gets your whole body into it in order to change your state. Because when we change our state, things start moving differently.” Nancy Jane Smith
This Monday, Kit chats with Nancy Jane Smith, a Licensed Professional Counselor and therapeutic coach who works with people suffering from high functioning anxiety. Our guest explains what high functioning anxiety is, how it is linked with our Monger (a.k.a. inner critic), and how to deal with it. More specifically, you will learn the difference between every day and diagnosed anxiety, why we have tendencies to worthy feelings, what is the Voice of the Biggest Fan and how to find it inside of yourself, what Nancy does to get herself grounded, and ultimately what message she has for all the anxious people. Tune in and find out more!
What you will hear in this episode:
- 0:45 – Who is Nancy?
- 3:15 – A backstory about Kit’s and Nancy’s friendship
- 6:02 – How the death of Nancy’s father inspired her to write a book and explore Monger (a.k.a. inner critic)
- 9:21 – The difference between every day and diagnosed anxiety
- 12:06 – Human tendencies to worthy feelings and how it is related to upbringing
- 17:47 – How do you know that you are happy?
- 22:46 – The voice of the biggest fan and how to find it inside of yourself
- 31:35 – What Nancy does to get herself grounded
- 35:44 – Nancy’s message to all people who feel anxious
- 39:18 – How you can get in touch with Nancy