This Monday, Kit interviews Persis Hope, a functional medicine practitioner at Maine Dartmouth Family Practice Residency and Kit’s mentor.
Kit and Persis discuss functional medicine and how to take care of ourselves from the inside out.
More specifically you will find out why Persis made a shift from traditional Western medicine to functional medicine, what functional medicine is, why gut health is so important for well being, Persis’ take on sugar in a healthy diet, what she does with her 12% of imperfection, and many more!
What you will hear in this episode:
- 0:45 – An appeal that Kit has for you
- 3:01 – Who is Persis and how Kit met her
- 6:17 – Summary of today’s episode
- 7:52 – Persis’ work experience
- 8:55 – The differences between a nurse practitioner, a nurse, and a doctor
- 11:09 – Persis’ turning point towards functional medicine
- 12:31 – What functional medicine is and how it differs from traditional medicine
- 18:03 – The importance of gut health
- 28:02 – How we can tell that our gut lining is strong and healthy
- 30:26 – How Persis treats sugar in a healthy diet
- 36:13 – Persis’ 12% of pleasure
- 38:59 – Persis’ take on supplements
- 43:30 – Persis’ go-to meal that we should try!