I love this time of year.
As sad as saying goodbye to summer can be (I am not sad to say goodbye to hot weather, though), it is SO good to say hello to cooler, fall-like days.
It is also good to make fall-like foods again.
I love roasted anything and am known to roast everything.
Butternut squash is one of those things that should be roasted whenever possible. Once roasted, it can be turned into SO many dishes, soups, sides, breads, you name it.
This recipe is a good one! It’s versatile and can stand on its own, or be a star side dish at any table – fancy or not. It is one of those dishes that are almost too pretty to eat.
I love eating pretty things, in pretty bowls, don’t you?
Roasted Butternut Squash & Quinoa Salad
- 3 cups Butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- salt/pepper if desired
- Cook quinoa (1 cup dry to 2 cups water). I cook mine in a rice cooker!
- Roast butternut squash at 400F for 25-30 mins
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing
- Combine all salad ingredients
- Add dressing to the salad
- Toss well and enjoy it!
Makes about 4 servings
Ready to move forward in your health and wellness journey? Contact me today! I look forward to hearing from you.