About once a week I scan the refrigerator for a creative outlet.
I like to cook, and I often don’t follow any recipes.
Finding odds and ends that need to be used up is a fun activity for me. It must be like an artist with a canvas and all the paint. Or a potter with a new block of clay.
All the possibilities lay in front of them.
This curry can be that for you, too!
I pretty much grabbed whatever vegetables I had, thawed the salmon, mixed some curry paste (leftover) with coconut milk… and voila, a dish that’s actually worth sharing with your friends!
You can completely omit the salmon, or substitute with another protein.
Salmon Curry with Summer Vegetables
- ½ cup leeks, diced into 1 inch discs
- 1 cup salmon, diced
- 2 cups or so vegetables like zucchini, eggplant, peppers, squashes
- 1 tablespoon curry paste (like Thai green curry)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Soy sauce/ fish sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Basil / cilantro (optional)
- Sauté leeks with oil, salt, pepper until soft
- Add the rest of vegetables – sauté for a few minutes
- Add salmon, curry, coconut milk
- Add soy sauce or fish sauce to taste
- Simmer at least 30 minutes
- Garnish with basil and or cilantro. Serve hot over rice