I am Thai and love my country’s cuisine. Don’t you?
I love all the flavours and textures of Thai food – it doesn’t just take me home through my senses, it makes my body physically happy!
This is a really simple way to make a dish that explodes with Thai flavours without requiring exotic ingredients.
Watch me make it here on The Kit’s Kitchen Show!
THAI GREEN CURRY WITH SHRIMP
- 1 cup thawed shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetables like zucchini, peppers, squash, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc.
- 1 14oz can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 cup cilantro and basil, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thaw shrimp and prepare all the vegetables, set aside
- Whisk curry paste with ⅓ of the coconut milk
- Heat oil in a pot, add onions, carrots, celery and garlic – sauté until vegetables are soft
- Add all other vegetables, coconut milk and curry paste, and the rest of coconut milk
- Add shrimp, and half the herbs, stir to mix well.
- Add fish sauce, soy sauce and pepper to taste
Let simmer until about 20 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and basil
Ready to move forward in your health and wellness journey? Contact me today! I look forward to hearing from you.