I am Thai and love my country’s cuisine. Don’t you?
I love all the flavors and textures of Thai food – it doesn’t just take me home through my senses, it makes my body physically happy!
This is a really simple way to make a dish that explodes with Thai flavors without requiring exotic ingredients.
THAI GREEN CURRY WITH SHRIMP
- 1 cup thawed shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetables like zucchini, peppers, squash, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc.
- 1 14oz can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 cup cilantro and basil, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thaw shrimp and prepare all the vegetables, set aside
- Whisk curry paste with ⅓ of the coconut milk
- Heat oil in pot, add onions, carrots, celery and garlic – sauté until vegetables are soft
- Add all other vegetables, coconut milk and curry paste, and the rest of coconut milk
- Add shrimp, and half the herbs, stir to mix well.
- Add fish sauce, soy sauce and pepper to taste
- Let simmer until about 20 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and basil