“She’s a good eater, she will try anything!”
I remember these words from my grandmother who said it to her friend at a market we frequented often. To my young self, I felt a sense of pride in her voice.
Either I wanted to live up to her comment of me, or it’s just how I was programmed, I am indeed a good eater. I will try anything once. I especially love all vegetables.
I have particular fondness for Japanese sweet potatoes, leeks, beets and zucchini. They are all used in this recipe that is quite versatile.
You can substitute with your own mix of vegetables or whatever you have on hand. Carrots, green beans, broccoli, kohlrabi or radishes would work well here, for instance.
Enjoy as a side, or as a main dish! Watch me make it on The Kit’s Kitchen Show.
- 1 medium leek
- 1 medium beet root
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Thinly slice the leek, set aside
- Grate the other vegetables
- Combine vegetables, garlic, eggs, oats – mix well
- Heat skillet or pan with oil. Create a pancake like with a spoonful of batter and flatten it. Makes about 12 vegetable pancakes
- Delicious with sour cream, salsa, guacamole or your favorite dip.